Creating self-determined learners.
The first few years of formal education offer the wonderful potential of expanding a child's natural thirst for learning. Delphian's Lower School provides a rich program that teaches important skills, all the while keeping that thirst alive and growing.
Since many of our students are just beginning their formal education, we focus on creating an environment that nurtures creativity, curiosity and an interest in learning in two key ways:
- The care of our faculty for each student as an individual, and
- A highly effective basics program integrated into a rich curriculum.
Our students receive quality personal attention, while our curriculum opens a wide world for growing children to explore. The greatest emphasis is placed on reading, writing and mathematics, surrounded by a broad experiential learning program. At Delphian, every day is an adventure.
Delphian's Lower School includes Beginner 1 and 2 and Form 1 and 2. These forms equate to kindergarten through third grade.
- Caring faculty with lots of personal, one-on-one attention for every child
- Small classes
- After-school program
- Hands-on learning, seminars and early reading program
- Bimonthly field trips
- Building strong foundations in reading, math and science
Delphian's Lower School is for local day students. We offer morning and evening bus service from and to McMinnville.
Financial aid and scholarships may be available for qualified families. Contact our Admissions Office for details.