We understand you have lots of questions. And sometimes, it's hard to know what questions you should be asking as you get started on the journey to discovering more about boarding school. Browse through these most frequently asked questions from both parents and students. Don't see the answers to some of your questions? Feel free to send us a note and we’ll get right back to you.
- I’ve heard that boarding schools are for kids who get into trouble and their parents don’t know how to handle them. Is that true about Delphian?
- What can I expect from boarding at Delphian school?
- What if I get homesick or lonely?
- What’s the biggest difference between my public school and Delphian school?
- Is Delphian School really like Hogwarts or Zoey 101?
- I love my family. I would miss them if I went away, and my parents would probably think I didn’t want to live with them. Do kids get used to being away from home?
- I’m not athletic, but I like to join clubs. Would Delphian School be a good fit for me?
- I really like my teachers, but they’re so busy that they don’t really have time to help me outside of class time. How would Delphian be different?
- Will I have time at boarding school to do the things I love, like playing an instrument?
- What is the admission process like?
- Is it hard to make friends?
- How much independence/freedom can I expect at Delphian?
- What is there to do on the weekends?
- After my classes end each day, how will I spend my time?
- Is the food any good?
Don't take our word for it! See what other students have to say about Delphian in the video below:
- Will my child get into an Ivy League university or their top choice of college if they attend Delphian School?
- Is it true there is little to no free time each day for my student to relax and just hang out with their friends?
- While Harry Potter is a great series, is Delphian very rigid and formal? Will my son/daughter have to wear a uniform every day?
- We have a very happy family life at home. Why would I send my child away?
- Without parental supervision, do Delphian boarding students get more involved in drinking and drugs than kids who live at home?
- What’s the process for enrolling in Delphian School? Are any special tests required?
- As a parent, will I have the opportunity to be involved with my child’s education and community, even if they are far away?
- What is an independent school?
- What is the true cost of a Delphian education?
- Can my family apply for a scholarship or financial aid?
- Does the Delphian School have any religious affiliation?
- Do young children board at your school?
- How are children of differing faiths supported?
- Isn't boarding school mainly for children with behavioral or learning problems?
- Will Delphian School prepare my child for real life – to face challenges and have a successful career?
- Do all students who go to Delphian go on to attend college?
- Where do the students eat during the school day and on the weekends?
- What are weekends like in Delphian School?
- How is Delphian School associated with L. Ron Hubbard?
- How is Delphian associated with Applied Scholastics?
- Does the Delphian School teach the Scientology religion?
- If you don't teach Scientology, why do some people think you're a Scientology school?
Many questions about our program are answered elsewhere on our site—such as, What are forms? How independent is independent study? What are the age ranges of your Lower, Elementary, Middle and Upper Schools?
For those questions not answered elsewhere, you can hopefully find your answer above. If not, please contact our Admissions Office. We welcome your questions about our school and program.