Arrival and Departure Information
- IMPORTANT: Our shuttle service accommodates arriving students on Monday, September 2nd until 7pm at the Portland International Airport (PDX). However, due to the next day's orientation schedule we strongly suggest you book your child's flight to arrive between the hours of 7am and 4pm so your child arrives at the school with enough time to complete their enrollment.
- Arrival day for all boarding students is Monday, September 2, 2019. Delphian staff will be stationed near baggage claim #7 (look for the "Welcome to Delphian" sign).
- Local students and their families may arrive Tuesday, September 3rd between 8:30-9:15am before the start of Orientation Day. Come to the Campus Life office on the second floor.
Travel Forms Due August 19
About the Transportation Form – Whether you are traveling to Delphian on your own or wish to use one of our shuttle services, please complete the Transportation Form before August 19. The Transportation Form may be found in the Forms & Information section of our website.
For Families Arriving by Car*:
On designated ARRIVAL days, plan to drop your child off between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
There are four options to choose from on the Transportation Form. If you are arriving by car, choose the CAR option and tell us who is coming and what time. If your child is traveling alone and you wish to use one of our shuttle services, choose Via Air or Via Amtrak and enter the flight or train information.
Please note: Parents may need to make arrangements for a private limo service for flights or trains traveling outside of our shuttle windows. Communicate directly with James Horton on flight times. For more information: Contact James Horton at (503) 843-5846 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For Students Traveling to Delphian Alone:
Good communication between parents and Delphian is important.
Unaccompanied minor policies vary greatly between different airlines and bus companies. Regulations have been getting progressively stricter, with new rules popping up frequently.
For children traveling alone to/from Delphian, Delphian offers bus shuttle services on the following dates:
- September 2 – For ALL international and domestic traveling students
- December 14 – Departure Day, Winter Break, all students
Air: Portland International Airport (PDX) (75 mi from Delphian). Due to the next day's orientation schedule we strongly suggest you book your child's flight to arrive between between 7:00 am (PST) and 4:00 pm (PST) so your child arrives at the school with enough time to complete their enrollment. Shuttle fee: Free on designated arrival and departure dates.
A Note About Portland International Airport: Shuttle travel time between PDX and Delphian is a minimum of 1 ½ hours each way. Adding time for customs (if international) and the likely event of waiting for other participants to arrive/depart, you can count on a long day of travel for your child.