What to Bring
- Bedding—blankets, comforter, sheets, pillowcases and pillow
- Towels and washcloths
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Alarm clock and wristwatch
- Reading lamp
- Small iron and ironing board are recommended
- Soap, toothbrush, deodorant, laundry detergent, etc.
- Perfumes, colognes and excessively scented lotions or sprays are discouraged.
There is a small bookstore on campus that can provide some basic supplies.
- Laptop computer (click here for computer requirements)
- Paper, pens, pencils, notebooks and a calculator
- The student should purchase a dictionary after beginning the school term in order to get guidance from the teacher on an appropriate one.
Some basic school supplies are available at the school bookstore.
- School clothes for regular weekdays
- Dressier clothes for Fridays
- Rugged and warm clothing for outdoor activities
- Specialized sports clothes, as necessary (skiing, tennis, etc.)
- Raincoat and/or hooded parka
- Boots for rain
- Hiking boots
- Warm gloves
- Umbrella (optional)
- Sleeping bag (for use on camping trips)
- Musical instruments
- Specialized athletic equipment (soccer cleats, ski gear, tennis racket, etc.)
- Laundry marker
- Helmet (if student will be riding a bicycle or using rollerblades)
- Knee pads and wrist guards (for rollerbladers)
All student’s possessions, especially clothing, should be plainly marked with the student’s name. While the school makes every effort to care for the property of its students, it is not considered liable for any loss that may occur. Parents are urged to secure a homeowner’s insurance policy which includes their child’s possessions while away at school.
Items Not Allowed at Delphian
- Firearms, knives or dangerous weapons
- High wattage appliances (electric heaters, hot plates, etc.)
- Hazardous explosives or flammables (candles, incense, propane, etc.)