What to Bring
Packages can be shipped directly to Delphian students in care of the school ahead of the student’s arrival and will be placed in their room. Please address packages to:
20950 SW Rock Creek Rd
Sheridan, OR 97378
Students in Form 4 and above: Professional dress clothes for Fridays (see current Student Dress Code.)
Appropriate everyday clothing click here for the current Student Dress Code.
Rugged and warm clothing for outdoor activities
Raincoat and/or windbreaker
For PE classes: athletic sneakers (cross trainers/running shoes with good arch support)
- Specialized athletic equipment (tennis racket, etc.)
- If playing soccer: cleats, shin guards
- If playing volleyball: knee pads, sports shoes, black Spandex 4" inseam shorts
🚩Bedding for a twin-size bed—pillow, blanket, comforter, 2 sets of sheets and pillowcases
🚩Towels and washcloths
🚩Bathrobe and slippers
🚩Soft, collapsible laundry basket
🚩Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, laundry detergent, etc.
(Discouraged are: perfumes, colognes, excessively scented lotions or sprays.)
🚩Food storage container (medium-sized plastic tub with a tight-fitting lid)
🚩Paper, pens, pencils, notebooks
🚩Sleeping bag (for use on camping trips)
For Upper School students: laptop computer (click here for computer requirements)
- Paper, pens, pencils, notebooks and a calculator
- The student should purchase a dictionary after beginning the school term in order to get guidance from the teacher on an appropriate one.
Some basic school supplies are available at the school bookstore.
Debit or Credit Card
Please do not bring more than $50 cash. For the security of your money, please sign up for either the Greenlight card (U.S. students only) or a debit or credit card from the bank of your choice. We have an ATM on campus should your child need extra cash at any time.
- Musical instruments
- Laundry marker
- Helmet (if student will be riding a bicycle or using rollerblades)
- Knee pads and wrist guards (for rollerbladers)
- Reading lamp
- Surge protector
- Small iron and ironing board
- 🚩 Small fan
- Rain boots
- Hiking shoes
- Warm gloves
- Small refrigerator (no larger than 3 cubic feet)
- 🚩 Small heater (must automatically shut off when tipped over)
All student’s possessions, especially clothing, should be plainly marked with the student’s name. While the school makes every effort to care for the property of its students, it is not considered liable for any loss that may occur. Parents are urged to secure a homeowner’s insurance policy which includes their child’s possessions while away at school.
Items Not Allowed at Delphian
- Firearms, knives or dangerous weapons
- High wattage appliances (electric heaters, hot plates, etc.)
- Hazardous explosives or flammables (candles, incense, propane, etc.)
- For Elementary and Middle School students: laptops, iPads, or other electronic game equipment